sas minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of SFA haters. Especially for a low, street driven truck with an axle swap. I think it is moderately comical, the majority of bashing is coming from close-to-factory height IFS guys. Coming from a fella that has built a few solid axle trucks, some offroad dedicated and others street machines, I can say that I never want to have another IFS truck. I love the way my Z71 handles on the road, it rides great. I can flog it offroad if I desire, but for the most part it stays on the highway. I enjoy doing axle swaps, they could be considered my therapy. If you don't think doing an axle swap on a low street driven truck is smart, cool, that's your business. We got that opinion the first time you said it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of SFA haters. Especially for a low, street driven truck with an axle swap. I think it is moderately comical, the majority of bashing is coming from close-to-factory height IFS guys. Coming from a fella that has built a few solid axle trucks, some offroad dedicated and others street machines, I can say that I never want to have another IFS truck. I love the way my Z71 handles on the road, it rides great. I can flog it offroad if I desire, but for the most part it stays on the highway. I enjoy doing axle swaps, they could be considered my therapy. If you don't think doing an axle swap on a low street driven truck is smart, cool, that's your business. We got that opinion the first time you said it.

Post number 61....glass houses and whatnot.

For the record, I have nothing against solid axle front ends. I've had lots of them. They work great. So does IFS.

Each has it's pluses and minuses.

It all depends what you want to do with the truck for which will work better where...

noJeepshere

Reaction score
From the balljoints out, the Wagoneer D44s are the same as non-flattop GMs.

True, on this axle the rotors are almost the same size as what's on my Yukon now, which is to say it's under built for the rig, cause we all know how awesome the brakes are on these trucks...

cent frum a smaert fone

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post number 61....glass houses and whatnot....

Not sure what you mean by that, but... In post 61, when I said I wouldn't spend my money "that way", I meant I wouldn't spend it on a the spring under axle swap. Especially when you can achieve a low lift axle swap with a spring over setup.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so nobodys really mentioned what front leaf springs to run for small lift. do you just use stock front leafs? or is it all in how you do the brackets?

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both. I made my own brackets and used stock rear K10 springs. Ended up with about 5" of lift.

noJeepshere

Reaction score
so nobodys really mentioned what front leaf springs to run for small lift. do you just use stock front leafs? or is it all in how you do the brackets?

If you use stock front springs from a K-truck in a spring over, you'll get about 4" of lift. If you use 4" lift springs for a spring under (like I've decided to do much to the consternation of some...) it will get you approximately 3-1/2" of lift. These are both 47" front springs for a K-series truck. As far as brackets are concerned, most kits will hang the axle 3" lower than the ifs will at the hubs.