sas minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cat-chevymech

Reaction score
What is the least lift i can go and still do a sas cause im wanting to do a sas but i want it to look like it came from the factory with a sas on like 285s or even 33s and not look funky and what do i need to do it to get this done
Any help is greatly apreciated

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Most 285's are considered 33's. Anyways, if you're going the leaf sprung route, most hangers themselves add about 4 inches of lift. Then the springs and what not and its not all too stock looking. If you want a good looking low set up that will look factory the best route to go is going to be to link the front end.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
look at petersons 4x4 mag they have a whole section in one of the few past months about sas and they had a low rcsb 400

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i thought the minimum for clearance was a 4" lift spring with the ord kit which came out to like a 8" lift, i suppose i could actually go out to mine and measure it and come up with a better idea

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
here is the article

You must be registered for see images attach

many solid axle swap kits spring the truck in to the moon which is great for deep mud or just looking like you like deep mud, but what if you want to delete all the IFS junk without jacking up the truck sky-high? fabworx co-owner bryan mcCully did some r&d to his 98 chevy shortbed to develop a solid-axle swap kit that would keep the truck close to stock hight, he achieved a lift of just 2.5 inches over stock they clears a 32 inch tire with ease by using proprietary reverse arched spring he claims the ride is on par with the stock ifs yet he feels the truck is much more robust even with the 3/4 ton dana 44 he feels the front end will require less service and have fewer worn out parts than the old independent front suspension

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
looks like they used stock 73-87 front springs which are reverse arched, are there any closeups of the axle to the pan?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like that^ i want mine a lil higher but no goofy drop down brackets . im not going to be running the valance and i think it looks funny witha huge crossmmber hanging down. there a build on pirate as well i think of a blue ext cab that is on 33s if i recall right and is pretty low

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I'm along the same route, I'd love to SAS just to eliminate the wear items, but have no need to be jacked way up.

cat-chevymech

Reaction score
Thank you loudandlifted that is exactialy the route i wanted to go with my truck cause i like my current height or just a touch taller with 33s cause im running 265 75 right now with about 2.5 over stock. And i can put a hurtin on all the trails and jeeps around here with a tempermental g80 and 373s with a good driver im just tired of breaking tierods with 300hp and mud tires