Sandwich adapter for tranny cooler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a filter that would come off and so I took of the adaptor. Didnt come off real easy and so i need new tranny cooler lines, which I ordered, but I am thinking it would be way easier to change the filter each time if I put a sandwich adaptor on one of the straight down adaptors.
Has anyone done this before, which adaptors fit. It's for a 2000 Yukon Denali with a 5.7 vortec and the HD transmission cooler.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason the oil filter is in a horizontal instead of the traditional vertical position is because the front driveshaft is in the way. The filter on a 4wd is also quite a bit smaller than on a 2wd. GM did this when they moved the front driveshaft to the drivers side with the advent of the IF Suspension.

Unlikely your sandwich adapter with a filter on it will clear the driveshaft.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason the oil filter is in a horizontal instead of the traditional vertical position is because the front driveshaft is in the way. The filter on a 4wd is also quite a bit smaller than on a 2wd. GM did this when they moved the front driveshaft to the drivers side with the advent of the IF Suspension.

Unlikely your sandwich adapter with a filter on it will clear the driveshaft.
Ok I guess I will have to reinstall the old one then. The location is pretty subpar in terms of access though. I had to take the whole assembly off just to get off the stuck oil filter because there really is nowhere to reach a decent tool.