S10 steering column compare to a fullsize column?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here is my delimma.. On my 88 tilt column.. The headlight dimmer is broke and not connected to anything at all. The rod looks to still be there.. here is pic of my fullsize from the outside.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a non tilt column I bought today for 10 bucks that I am wanting to know if I can take the whole turn signal/ headlight dimmer switch out of it and use it in my fullsize. Here is what the inside of the s10 column looks like

[I
MG]http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/craighuskey/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0574.jpg[/IMG]

You can see on the left side there is a little plastic arm that pushes down on the rod for the headlights. So can I swap out the turn signal levers or no? OR....... should I just put the dimmer on the floor like in the older trucks?? If you think that is what I am better off to do then can someone enlighten me on how to do that??

anyhelp is appreciated!