rough idle on 89 BBC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone on another forum suggested I check the codes, and the kid across the street who is a full time mechanic said that the fuel pressure might be too high...he suggested I back the regulator down to nothing and start inching it up a little by little to see if it resolves the issue.

Does anyone else have any insight whatsoever?

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well gentlemen, I think I finally got it...She had been sitting out front of the house for several weeks before I had the time or interest to try to fix her. The kid across the street who works at the chevy dealership used some really good simple logic and said..."what did you change before you started having problems?"

well...turns out that the gas tank was leaking so i dropped it and I ended up replacing the fuel pump in the process with an aftermarket job...so he suggested I tweak the fuel regulator. I had the regulator set to wide-open pretty much and I reversed it and just started giving it more fuel...then she started running really nice. Then I decided to throw 10 degrees of initial advance on her and she rips the tires all the way down the block. couldn't be happier.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the regulator in question came with the holley blue fuel pump that I bought, so it's just adjusted using an allen wrench. Hope that answers your question.