Roll pan rear bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not a "Roll pan rear bumpers," just to clarify. It's a roll pan. If you bump the roll pan, it's toast. No bumping allowed there.

The pros and cons of a roll pan are really purely up to how YOU use YOUR truck. If you prefer the look of the roll pan more than you would want to have a step back there, then by all means, go for it. On my truck, I never once missed having a bumper.

As far as a front roll pan, the '67-'72 and '73-'87 guys have it easy because you can buy front roll pans for those trucks. For our trucks, it's all about cutting and sectioning and recessing the front bumper to get the look of a roll pan. There are infinite ways of doing it from mild to extreme.

You must be registered for see images attach

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a roll pan on my ford and loved it. Then again it was a step side too. But it cleans up the look a lot and its nice for back up and not having to worry about your bumper. Like mentioned above, a hitch step would fix your lifted truck problem. Also if you have a body lift like I do.. A roll pan I the same price as relocator brackets so you may as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I do! But to me having a roll pan makes it easier to judge distances. I don't have to worry about that 6 extra inches or so coming out past the tailgate and can use it as a reference point.

On the other hand, you're right, if you do back into something you'll a be replacing more than a bumper lol

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Oh I do! But to me having a roll pan makes it easier to judge distances. I don't have to worry about that 6 extra inches or so coming out past the tailgate and can use it as a reference point.

On the other hand, you're right, if you do back into something you'll a be replacing more than a bumper lol

Imo you shouldnt be worried about that extra 6" or so cause you shouldnt be backing that close to anything anyways, and in a stock/lifted truck the odds your seeing what your backing up to is slim

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
It's not a "Roll pan rear bumpers," just to clarify. It's a roll pan. If you bump the roll pan, it's toast. No bumping allowed there.

The pros and cons of a roll pan are really purely up to how YOU use YOUR truck. If you prefer the look of the roll pan more than you would want to have a step back there, then by all means, go for it. On my truck, I never once missed having a bumper.

As far as a front roll pan, the '67-'72 and '73-'87 guys have it easy because you can buy front roll pans for those trucks. For our trucks, it's all about cutting and sectioning and recessing the front bumper to get the look of a roll pan. There are infinite ways of doing it from mild to extreme.

QUOTE]

I hadnt seen the top one before imo these 2 are perfect. narrowed the rt amount and tucked just rt no to much just enough especailly the tope one.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hadnt seen the top one before imo these 2 are perfect. narrowed the rt amount and tucked just rt no to much just enough especailly the tope one.

Also notice that the one on top has the top of the bumper reshaped to better flow with the shape of the wheel openings. The truck used to belong to a friend of mine. I was with him when he dropped the truck off in Houston to have the bodywork done and to have it painted a little differently than it looks now.

I took this pic at a show way back in 2003:

And a crop of the bumper: