Roadside Repair Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, that's like every time we have a bunch of rain here in greater Houston and it floods. There's always somebody who goes into water not realizing how deep it is and how little water will float your car. They're found when the water goes down...too late to do any good. Lots of underpasses here have flood gates, but not all of them. I've had to explain why the local media harps on this so much to out of town friends.
In Washington, ocean beaches are considered a public road. But, just cuz you can drive on them doesnt mean you should.
There is a guy on youtube who runs a wrecker service down in Pacific County Wa that has a bunch of videos of the stupid **** people do and what happens when the tide comes in.
I forget the name of the channel but it is just amazing how deluded people can be

GMCanada

Reaction score
I live up in Canada and use my GMT400 for hunting, fishing and getting firewood mostly. I keep a few tools in my tool box under the hood, a tire plug kit, air compressor, tire chains, jerrycan of gas, a hi-lift jack, tow rope, booster cables or booster box depending on where I’m going, insulated gloves and hat, first aid kit and a wool blanket in a vacuum sealed bag incase I need to spend the night somewhere.
In my daily driver (2018 GMC Sierra) I only carry a first aid kit, wool blanket and gloves.

Last edited:

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
In my daily driver (2018 GMC Sierra) I only carry a first aid kit, wool blanket and gloves.
First things I got for my 400 were a first aid kit and a marine fire extinguisher (I work at a boat manufacturer so lol). Nice to see someone else with a first aid kit

Also heyo from Southern Ontario :peace:

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
That is awesome. Years ago I flew back to Seattle from Phoenix to go skiing.
I borrowed my brothers 79 Bronco.
Before I moved to Arizona, I loaded up his truck with a bunch of tools
( Hes not mechanically inclined at all)
When I was driving it down a pretty remote forrest service road, the left hub unlocked and spun the truck into a snowbank that pretty much avalanched onto the roof of the truck.
Had to go out the back window.
No problem right? got a bunch of tools and a folding shovel..
I opened the box..
He had cleaned it out and left a garden trowel and an INXS cd.
I dug that thing out with a friggen garden trowel
It only took most of my youth to do it

Talkin bout a New Sensation!
Das too damn funny you remember it was an INXS CD.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice thing about my burb is all the nooks for my stuff. I grew up in the Colorado high country and your chances of getting stuck somewhere were like 110% so I accumulated lots of gear over time.

Not so much nowadays but I still pack tools, recovery gear, blankets, food (those peanut munch bars last forever) fire extinguishers, first aid supplies, and a few spares (tie rod, serpentine belt)

The things I’ve used the most (mostly for stranded drivers) include the multimeter, tire plugs, jumper cables, air compressor and tow strap.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Back in the '90s I would get off work at midnight. -Hated it. I couldn't sleep, so I would make two 20 mile laps (10 miles each way) on this stretch of freeway that was not lit nor did it have close access to a gas station that was open. I was looking for stranded motorists to rescue. My truck was loaded with tow straps, 3-ton floor jack, jumper cables, 2 different size 4-way lug wrenches, a couple of rubber wheel chocks, 5 gallons of water, 5 gallons of gas and a 7 gallon air tank. I think I scared as many people as I helped. I only ever agreed to accept any $ if gas is what they needed. After a couple of years doing that, AAA came out with "Rescue Rangers" that offered even more than I could, other than the fact that my services were out of boredom. - And knowing that if I pulled up behind you, your wife and kids, or your parents, I wasn't going to rob, rape or murder them. That was the best feeling, that I helped, and the people I helped were safe.

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Frank's overabundance of tools helped a stranded BMW motorcycle with a no start situation. A 4mm hex, a spare relay, and a jump box (his not mine) and he was rolling again. It feels good to help. I've been on the receiving end of needing help more than once so I want to give back. We have 2 rules at my house, Be kind and help when you can. Everything kinda falls into place after that.:banana-mario: