Ricer + stuff 2013: 4 wheel burnouts are mandatory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I know I barely ever post anything anymore and there's a host of reasons but this is my attempt at redemption. Besides it is better when you have more than one thing to say at a time.

Let's see, the way I remember it, we left off after I fixed the ricer enough to limp around with the broken tranny. It had no 2nd or 4th for a long time, I just tuned it to shift 1-3 every time, it had more than enough torque to handle it. The engine was leaking out of basically everywhere and the supercharger needed a rebuild as the bearings and seals were shot. Obviously we were looking at a full scale rebuild so I put it off as long as possible.

You must be registered for see images

Also I finally got around to doing my very ricerish lights. But I drove the truck on the cape all summer and good times were had by lol.

So I threw in another stock fuel pump in the early summer and that was good but around fall-ish I was exploring the upper RPM limits of the ricer and that pump died pretty quick. Out of general frustration and dealing with the big truck and the 1954 at the same time I just shelved it - and the ricer sat once more.

Just before tragedy struck the fuel system

Yeah and then some life happened and then there was a big storm, Sandy. My DD volvo xc was in an underground garage in manhattan when the storm hit and the car spent several days submerged in sewer water. It had 3" mushrooms growing on every inch of interior after a few weeks.

So that yielded the Audi Q7 which I have to say is the best truck I have ever driven, hands down. Honestly changed the way I look at trucks - compared to a new Escalade for example the Audi takes the cake hands down in looks, interior and performance. You can even get them in a diesel lol. Mine is not though it is the 4.2 V8 basically a german sbc - it is way more potent than the size would suggest and the transmission is brilliant, many years ahead of the domestic offerings. The awd system is invisible, there is no torque steer or any hint of pulling in the steering wheel no matter how hard you are abusing the throttle.

I know many of you are total die hards and would never consider a vehicle like this I encourage you to drive one if ever presented the opportunity. It is the same platform at the Porsche SUV but a foot longer and more luxurious, the Porsche is more intended for sporting. The Q7 is a 7 seater as well so there is a folding 3rd row. As far as capability I have already taken it through a foot of loose snow with no problems and seen much worse online so it is not a watered down truck aka fat car.

So we have been driving that truck for a while now as the DD but we love it so much plans are in the works for an Audi car, probably something along the lines of an S5... lets just say sideways all year. Too bad she will end up driving it most or else it would be a stick. Right, right... she... Well guys I think the search is pretty much come to an end, this girl is perfect and its been almost 2 years now just havent posted n00ds yet. (pm me) So anyway lets seeeeeee the girl

At the tesla dealership, I'd rather an R8 and these underpinnings look like I could build my own!

Ok well on to the meat, the ricer got its belly tickled a few weeks ago and the trans and blower went out about then. The engine has been collecting a box of new parts, namely LS9 gaskets ARP studs and rod bolts. There's also an aeromotive pump and a few other things, also tons of paint.

Did I mention I painted the truck camo? Also the roof white, it oversprayed like a b but nobody can see it and it cooled the truck down a good bit in the summer - which is nice because I roll AC delete like a sweaty boss. (Superchargers and frame rails in the way.) Did I mention the Q7 has a front to back glass roof? Way more boss. Some times I am tempted to spray paint it the same digi camo.

Here's the engine gross as hell and a huge mess - we can do a lot better this time around.

Here's the shop and the dyno, kind of looking right and left in these shots.

So thanks for reading, I'll try to keep the following posts to an equal standard of awesome.

Mike / thArf out

USAF_POL

Reaction score
Interesting and entertaining way to catch everyone up with the pics as a break from the story. Good touch!

Shop looks awesome!!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Good to see the ricer is going to live again.

IMO, that's arguably the coolest GMT-400 in the world. Supercharged 6 litre...way cool. But on a stock height (or at least close to it) Z71? Pure sexy.

Love the black Sawblades, too. Was going to do that to my old truck as they were all chipped and weathered and gross.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
everything is looking good man including the girls haha love ricer btw!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now time to do an update on *********? Glad to see your around still, and that the ricer isn't sitting collecting dust.