RHD swap in the states?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4doorhoe

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe and would like to know where I can get the parts needed for a right hand drive swap and what all is involved in it. Let me know thanks.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure even the ones in Australia where not done by gm, and where done by some company after they got there. It would be a monumental undertaking. And absolutely 100% not worth it in my opinion.

4doorhoe

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure even the ones in Australia where not done by gm, and where done by some company after they got there. It would be a monumental undertaking. And absolutely 100% not worth it in my opinion.
Thanks for the insight, always seen bagged and body dropped trucks with the right hand drive and thought it would be cool to see an obs done with one.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think you would almost be in uncharted territory doing it here in the USA. I know there are some members here on the forum from Australia they can could probably give you a lot more insight into it than I can.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might be able to give you some advice from this side of the Pacific...
I really can't see how it would be worth doing, but If I happen to live over there and wanted to do such a thing, I'd import a dash from a Holden Suburban. They were converted in Central / Southern America from memory and not locally here in Australia. Mine for example was converted here, and I can tell you that back in that period, they weren't converted too well.

The dash is just the beginning, you're talking steering column and box changes, emergency brake pedal swap, HVAC system, brake master swap and the list goes on.