Reversion Raceworks 1999 C2500 Suburban "REVurban" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure many of you are familiar with Reversion Raceworks from my business partner @Wildblue19. I felt it was only appropriate to set up a real build thread to show all of the work we're putting into this thing. We've also learned quite a bit from the HD suburban being an odd ball, so hopefully some of this can be useful to some of you.

Long story short, we purchased this 1999 Chevy Suburban sight unseen from California (we're based in New Jersey) in October of 2023. It had 130k miles, looked pretty solid in pics, a very fair price and one major selling point to me (let's see if you can guess :hahano:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Personally, anything with a supercharged big block is hard to say no to :shrug:. I'm also a big fan of the red interiors these trucks came with.

I'm sure at this point, you're already noticing the truck is a bit of a wiring nightmare but we can handle that! Our plan is to turn this mom mobile into a 90s sport truck machine. Drop it as low as we can statically, bigger wheels, get it on Holley EFI, and some tasteful aesthetic mods to make it reminiscent of the era. Hopefully we can run into some of you this show season as we go to events. I'll periodically post updates of what we've done so far until we're up to speed on it all.

We also started a youtube channel to help document the process as well, check it out here.

Reaction score
One last surprise, (since this wasn't in the facebook marketplace listing) +

This thing even has a CRT TV and VHS (which will be staying)! I think this paired with a N64 would make it the ultimate road trip cruiser.

This truck definitely had some weird options. To my knowledge, even the whipple supercharger was dealer optioned. I feel like this truck has had some history because when I looked up the vin, it was sold to the first owner with 30k miles on it. Maybe it was a weird dealer promotional truck (Yorba Linda Chevrolet)? I've also looked in magazines with no luck yet. So anyone has some ideas on what the history of this thing could be, it would be greatly apricated!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
One last surprise, (since this wasn't in the facebook marketplace listing) +

This thing even has a CRT TV and VHS (which will be staying)! I think this paired with a N64 would make it the ultimate road trip cruiser.

This truck definitely had some weird options. To my knowledge, even the whipple supercharger was dealer optioned. I feel like this truck has had some history because when I looked up the vin, it was sold to the first owner with 30k miles on it. Maybe it was a weird dealer promotional truck (Yorba Linda Chevrolet)? I've also looked in magazines with no luck yet. So anyone has some ideas on what the history of this thing could be, it would be greatly apricated!
I had a '93 Suburban conversion truck in my salvage yard with a similar TV/VHS combo. I looked everywhere to find a VHS tape I could risk testing it with, and found one with a Discovery Channel (or Animal Planet?) special on meerkats. :biggrin:

That Whipple kit may very well have been a dealer-installed package, but definitely not a GM option as far as I know. Pretty cool regardless. I already figured the truck would have a 7.4 (though the 2500 Suburbans could also have a 5.7) but I can't imagine shipping a 2500 Suburban from CA to NJ just to get a small block truck. ;)

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As previously stated, the dealer may have had that installed but it's not a GM thing. Whipple is just down the road depending on what CA dealer sold it new. I see you have the 1.6L compressor though, gotta hunt you down a 2.3 and bolt it onto the rest of the kit.

Weird that you're missing the air box too. This draws from the factory location but takes a different path to get there. I suppose IATs are a bit of a moot point with these though. Gonna be sky high no matter what.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We've done a bunch of work to this rig already and I'm excited to add updates to the progress along with @reversion_raceworks! There's some YouTube stuff we've been posting with a little more behind the scenes action for your viewing pleasure.

It was a challenge to get the team members to buy in to the GMT400 as a build platform at first but they saw the light eventually :waytogo:

Reaction score

That Whipple kit may very well have been a dealer-installed package, but definitely not a GM option as far as I know. Pretty cool regardless. I already figured the truck would have a 7.4 (though the 2500 Suburbans could also have a 5.7) but I can't imagine shipping a 2500 Suburban from CA to NJ just to get a small block truck. ;)

Richard
That's slick! All the info I have on ours is this manufactures sticker. They seem to be long out of business.

Reaction score
As previously stated, the dealer may have had that installed but it's not a GM thing. Whipple is just down the road depending on what CA dealer sold it new. I see you have the 1.6L compressor though, gotta hunt you down a 2.3 and bolt it onto the rest of the kit.

Weird that you're missing the air box too. This draws from the factory location but takes a different path to get there. I suppose IATs are a bit of a moot point with these though. Gonna be sky high no matter what.
I believe the truck came from the Yorba Linda dealership, I'm not 100% certain though. I would call but they've been out of business for a while now.

Unfortunately the old airbox didn't come with the truck, the old owners hacked up a few things unfortunately (it's even missing the 3rd row seat). I'd definitely like to find or make an airbox to help with it. I'm really looking forward to what this big block and blower can do on a holley terminator x vs the old piggyback system. We gotta hunt for a replacement blower for sure!

Reaction score
I figured this next update should highlight the wiring disaster we inherited... There were tons of open ended wires, wire nuts, questionable "features", interesting audio installation etc.

Reaction score
Here come some wire nuts :hahano:

The heat didn't work so let's add an electric heated and shove it under the seat!

Interesting choice of equalizer placement... (also gross)

Also loved the screws that did pretty much nothing here