Reverse Light Wire under the dash????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm installing tow mirrors on the '95. On my '99, the reverse light wire (light green) was behind the A-pillar.
It is NOT behind the A-pillar on the '95... just orange illumination wire & ground.

Anyone know the location of the reverse wire under the dash of a '95 Suburban LT?
Google isn't being very friendly …..

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 1995 service manuals have the wiring spread through them rather than a separate wiring book like the earlier rigs.
Download em and search.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A fella over at diesel place forum showed me there are none in the cab on my 95 .....
Have to go to a connector (C103) under the hood, under the hydro-boost, next to steering shaft on the firewall. Light Green one (see my tester light on it).

- Signal lights are the same dark & light blue in main bundle under the column.
- Defrost is still purple "NAT" on convenience center.

You must be registered for see images attach

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To clarify, if vehicle has auto dimming rear view mirror, the reverse light wire IS behind the driver's "A" pillar. When in reverse, the auto dimming mirror will not dim for proper vision when reversing.

If no auto dimming mirror, use the C103 harness wire under the master cylinder on the firewall ...... OR ...... the transmission reverse switch on trans body. Still light green.

chad mulder

Reaction score
I have a 95 also and I used the lt grn wire you're looking at in the pics on the auto dimming mirror.