Resurrecting the snow plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shunyun

Reaction score
TL;DR my name’s Sean and I have a 94 CK10753 (4WD Silverado) that has been used for nothing but snow plowing for years, and I want to do a restomod and make it my main truck.

I just moved to Prescott AZ, up in the forest near Lynx Lake. The seller included this 94 K1500 with a Meyers plow attached. It’s in pretty good condition at first glance. No license plate so I think the guy only used it to clear the driveway and road.

I learned quickly that I need 4WD here. I considered selling the Chevy and my Tacoma to get a new truck but prices are insane and I think I can restore this to a solid truck that I can enjoy.

I’m sure of it because I’m also building a ‘69 Vette, soon to drop in the 383 stroker I’ve built over the past year. Before that, an ‘88 Vette. corvetteforum.com has been great for that journey so I’m hoping to do the same (and more) here. Looking forward to meet you all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
I'm sure that truck will provide all the 4x4 needs you have. Millions made, and still a ton on the road up here in the winter, just doing what they were designed to do. And looking good doing it! Lol

shunyun

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
I'm sure that truck will provide all the 4x4 needs you have. Millions made, and still a ton on the road up here in the winter, just doing what they were designed to do. And looking good doing it! Lol
Thanks Dunkcanuk! And thanks for the confirmation re the truck. I grew up in Ohio in Lake Erie but spent most of my life in California. Looking forward to having seasons again! I think today I’m going to start taking pics and start my build thread. Any suggestions which area? I was thinking Raised/OffRoad.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Dunkcanuk! And thanks for the confirmation re the truck. I grew up in Ohio in Lake Erie but spent most of my life in California. Looking forward to having seasons again! I think today I’m going to start taking pics and start my build thread. Any suggestions which area? I was thinking Raised/OffRoad.
Ya, that seems like it would be an appropriate place to start a thread. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
That makes more sense, being at 6400ft. Are you going to keep the plow for winter? Or are you just wanting a 4wd truck? If your going to keep the plow then you dont want to lift it, you'll end up breaking stuff.

Thats a pretty sweet setup you have, its a newer Meyer with what looks like a MDII mount. They are super easy to mount/dismount when needed. My vote would be to keep it, but I'm kind of biased towards plow trucks, lol.

This is my rig...

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually not the circle of life that these trucks follow (new truck -> original owner makes it into a nice driver with some modifications -> change owners -> get dinged up -> change owners -> more dents -> plow installed -> scrap yard). So it is nice to see your truck doing the opposite. Not that I’m opposed to plow or pure work trucks.

Welcome to the forum!