Request* '99 Vortec L29 ignition switch to distributor wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vortec 454. Carb HEI converted. Engine continues to stall every day, 3 times every time. Won't restart unless the accessory is completely TURNED OFF. Once switch is keyed on, it fires right up. Wanting to know if the PCM is wired between the key and the distributor. If anyone has a diagram please post it. Needing to trace wires, if I have to bypass anything thats where I stand. I'm at my wits end with the stalling tho.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know much about what all is involved in dropping the fuel injection to convert to carb or your stalling issue but I would think the wiring diagrams are in the service manual for your year. See the link below for service manual thread if you haven't found it.

Be prepared to provide more detail on year, model, what has been done, conditions when it stalls etc.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score

From the above link, volume 4 of the 1998 manual, page 467 (6-2703) "Engine Controls Schematics (engine sensors) 7.4L"

Pretty sure 1998 and 1999 are the same.