Replacing Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So tonight I decided to replace my spark plugs. I did the first 7 without much problem. As luck would have it, I was half way in the engine bay trying to get a grip on the back drivers side plug when I went to re adjust myself and get a better angle. Well I looked at my socket, and there was the plug, missing its threading. So just the threaded bit is stuck in the head. What the hell do I do?! Can I start it at all? Its stuck half way into the garage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read a bit about easy outs, and some penetrating lube. I don't know, I am quite frazzled boys.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Nope, the electrode came out, and all the porcelain. Just the threads and the ground electrode that the spark jumps to are stuck. So it is hollow, so an easy out might work but if it didn't I'd be in a world of ****.

low98

Reaction score
Just be care when your using it don't be to rough with it.
I have never had this happen so I ain't gonna say anything else.

Good luck though

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I think I will try the ATF and Acetone mix as a penetrating lube. And then very carefully try to extract it. I think I can get it dead on if I take off the front drivers side tire and move a bit of the rubber bit that stops water. Man that was a heart breaker...

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a manufacturing defect of some kind, what kind of plugs were they?

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
u got lucky the porcelian came out. a guy brought me a 4wheeler one time with a broke off spark plug. he said he was puttin a brand new plug in it and it just snapped off. YEAH RIGHT. we pulled the head off and was able to get the porcelain out and then used an easy out to get the rest out. it was NOT easy. he had somehow managed to RUIN half the threads. i guess it was either cross threaded or just something got on the threads. luckly we was able to run a tap into it and the remaining threads held the plug in.

so after reading thru my rant, you can use an easy out to get them out. shouldnt be too bad seeing as how the porcelian came out already.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the samething happen to me before and now nomatter what I always use anti seize compound on all spark plugs I replace