Replacing Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Hey guys, it all worked out! I soaked it with the ATF and Acetone, then tried gingerly with the extractor and it worked. I was very happy. I also took it in for an emissions test and despite negative attitudes:
Service Desk: "Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt that thing will pass"
Tech: "Honestly, I don't think you have a hope in hell"

It pass with flying colours. Good old ******. Maybe sea foam helps after all.

Check the pics,

-Matt
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
looks like those where long over due. glad you got it out though, spark plugs seem like the easiest thing to do but always fight back

QuickOrange

Reaction score
Awesome!

I'm glad to hear you went through emissions ok. I'm eventually going to have to put mine through Colorado emissions, and I'm a tad worried.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
you should be okay. The tech mentioned that the 5.0 burns dirtier then the 5.7. Whether or not that is true, who knows.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
nice. mine are wll over due as well. big red passes with flying colours every time. but thats because it has automatic 4wd and therefore can't be tested on a 2wd dyno :wink:. so it am forced to get a 2 stage idle test (helps that i used to work at the dealership) lol.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the pic of you with the cut knuckle looks like a damn magazine add. Real men use the new "spiral spark plug" if you don't ya might just be a *****. Glad it worked out for you though, and you learned something in the process.