Replaced entire fuel system from the filter back. Now no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well, pressure gauge arrived.

No fuel pressure.

But there's fuel in the lines, and I can hear it running.

So that means eitehr there's a line blockage somewhere, I've got a bad pump, or the pump is running backwards, right? But if it was running backwards with only 1/8 tank I wouldn't likely have any fuel in the lines right? Or would I?

I wonder if the hose that's between the pump and external port is disconnected... so it's pumping lots of fuel, but right back into the tank, like a fountain.

shift5

Reaction score
Don't think it really could be. It was clamped on...

Which wires should I swap on the pump connector to make the pump change directions? I have 3 connections and a chassis ground. Which ones are the positive and negative for the pump? Guessing two of them are for the gas gauge, one is for the positive, and the pump negative is the chassis ground.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the hose that's between the pump and external port is disconnected... so it's pumping lots of fuel, but right back into the tank, like a fountain.
^^^What he said

Don't think it really could be. It was clamped on...

The hose could have split or blown off with pressure. Won't be the 1st time this has happened.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm dealing with on the 1500.

You were my surrogate experience on that failure! Thankfully, I've never had it happen to me. Did you finally get yours taken care of, or are you waiting on an opportunity to get it done, after waiting on the part?

shift5

Reaction score
Truck runs!

Turns out it was the flexible lines going into the framerails above the tank, one of them got got twisted and kinked just right, couldn't see it unless you looked just perfect.