Removing intake, any tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted my intake cleaned and I let a guy blast it for me. He said he knew what he was doing but the knucklehead hit this corner with sand at about 900# of pressure.

Is this intake done or does anyone think it'll seal with a new gasket & RTV sealant? >:

I've already located a somewhat reasonably priced replacement but I hate to let go of more money.

about 50% of the mating surface is gone at one small point

You must be registered for see images attach

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RTV and a good gasket can make up for a lot, have you placed a straightedge across it? Looks kinda porous but silicone will fill that in.

If you place a straightedge on it and a LOT of material has been removed I would build it back up with JB Weld and grind it smooth, but only if its bad.

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RTV and a good gasket can make up for a lot, have you placed a straightedge across it? Looks kinda porous but silicone will fill that in.

If you place a straightedge on it and a LOT of material has been removed I would build it back up with JB Weld and grind it smooth, but only if its bad.

I would just hate to do all that, get it back in, and then find out it won't work. And be right back where I started with the same problem I was trying to fix. I guess I'm answering my own question. grrrrrrrr

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Search around for a edlebrock performer. I put one on mine and love it. If its a stocker your looking for a have a few laying around. Ill hot tank them and clean em up for $20 + shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk