Removing bench seat armrest/console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasLS1

Reaction score
I’m trying to remove the armrest to see if I can fix/replace/make a new bushing for the drivers side pivot point (it rattles and bounces a bit while driving) - ‘96 Silverado. I have the bolts removed from the passenger side, but can’t get it to pop loose from the drivers side and don’t want to break anything.

Has anyone been able to replace the bushing, and can anyone give pointers on removing the armrest? Not sure if the drivers side is a detent or I need to remove a clip?

Pics below for reference, thanks for any help....
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

WB23

Reaction score
I would like to know as well as where I can get the latch for this console, or the whole bottom half of it

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If memory serves right I believe the driver back has to come off first then you can access the bolts for the console. Also the seat has a plastic long clip on the bottom behind the flap on the rear. Also you have to take off all the hardware. Buttons, handle, headrest maybe

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This video might help (but he wasn’t too clear on how it popped out).

Skip past the first ten minutes or so where his wife is asking what the hell he is doing in their kitchen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasLS1

Reaction score
This video might help (but he wasn’t too clear on how it popped out).

Skip past the first ten minutes or so where his wife is asking what the hell he is doing in their kitchen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that seems helpful, I think I’m being too delicate with mine, was worried about breaking something. I’ll see if I can pop it out tomorrow

Thanks for the repolies and for finding the vid!