remove your cats, and make a mini cat for your rear 02 sensors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reason I harped on the tune is for what you said below.

This implies (to me) that you feel as though you would not benefit very much from a tune which is not the case. Somebody who may have been on the fence may now be discouraged from getting a tune and having their eyes truly opened. I think your mind would be blown too, it'd be one of those "why did I wait so long to do this?" mods. Nothing against a $10 fix here, I suspect the distance from the exhaust flow has a lot to do with it too.
how many times will I have to say this A CUSTOM TUNE IS MORE EFFECTIVE! !!!!!! I know this. This is grate, if you finished with all of your mods, but if you are still doing mods, this a way around a custom tune untill you are finished with all of your mods. I can't make it any clearer than that

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One more time...... pleeeease..... just once....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.....lol....

Supercharged.....its his ride, his plan. He, from reading his posts, understands a good tune is more effective... read his post all the way though... he doesn't have a local tuner...... Sending out mail order to get a tune after every little upgrade/mod is time and money consuming... not everyone is going to go with the cookie cutter(identicle)truck setup step by identical step. Everyone will go about getter their truck to where they want it to be by differant paths and at differant paces.

Is a full custome tune better... Hell yah it is and we all know it.... but.... is he ready for one at his projects current state. Maybe, maybe not, but that is for him to decide... trying to beat it into him by every post saying you need one is dumb. Mention it once, be done with it...

As far as the op main mod for this post... it helps to shut the light off while still letting it pass the inspection process.... it's helping others out with out spending money they may or may not have....

I for one liked the original post... mine is a 94 so only 1 O2 but gave me an idea to help a couple buddies out at work....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I gutted my cat over a year ago and still no cel. Mine is a 4.3 all stock.
If your truck is a TBI then you don't need this mod. This is only for 96 and newer trucks.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I built 2, 02 simulators for my Toyota today, so I thought I would post some pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The two longer spark plug spacers go next to the 02 sensors, and the 2 shorter spark plug spacers go on the bung on the exhaust pipe, and this is where the honey comb goes.