removal of mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i Cannot seem to be able to remove the mirrors from my truck. i have tried everything that i can think of to get to the bolt behind the metal of the door shell... i even went and bought a pivoting extension, i still cannot get to the bolt... how did you guys remove them?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
ive always got it with a wrench but ive seen people drill a hole big enough hole and stick a socket straight though

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As mentioned above, use a 10mm combination wrench or use a 1/4" drive knuckle with a extension and a short as possible socket. It's not to hard, just takes a while. If for some odd reason you can't get it the aforementioned way, get a needle nose vise grips, and be sure to latch the vise grip every turn to so that you do not strip the nut.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the same problem when I changed out mine. I had time to kill so I just pulled the door panel off to give me some oh **** room. I just used a 10mm short socket and a magnet+patience. The trouble I got into is trying to plug it back into the oem harnes. PITA... . .. . . . . . . ..

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
As mentioned above, use a 10mm combination wrench or use a 1/4" drive knuckle with a extension and a short as possible socket. It's not to hard, just takes a while. If for some odd reason you can't get it the aforementioned way, get a needle nose vise grips, and be sure to latch the vise grip every turn to so that you do not strip the nut.

what i use.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I used a combination of every type of 10mm thing i can find, sometimes the shaft will spin in the mirror, either way the mirror will come off. if this does not work use a bfh