relocating pcm....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I just mean that the factory spring has to go, I went to gas strut's back when I had 18's in 2002.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is kinda off topic but what can i use to cut out the spring pocket and notch the frame for the lca and ties rods? i dont have a torch so i was wondering if there was another option or is that the only way to do it? i have a sawzall, grinder, and body airsaw....

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is kinda off topic but what can i use to cut out the spring pocket and notch the frame for the lca and ties rods? i dont have a torch so i was wondering if there was another option or is that the only way to do it? i have a sawzall, grinder, and body airsaw....

I would rather use a sawzall and grinder, makes cleaner cuts than the torch.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
or if ya got 300-350bucks you can buy a cheap plasma cutter off ebay. thats what i did. took me dam near a week and dozen of bids on different cutters but i got mine for 300shipped.
and so far it works great! its not the best but i havent had any real problems with it! only problem i had was when my 1st tip burned up it took me 2-3more tip pieces to get it to cut straight again. it kept blowing out the side. but i call that user error cause it was my first cutter and no more experience other than the few videos ive looked at one youtube.
only thing that i didnt like about this cutter is the setup when ya get it. had to go buy my own power plug to wire it up. but hell its a hell of alot cheaper than a kick ass MILLER plasma cutter ;)

that made my bag job in the front SO MUCH EASIER!!!! AND HELL OF ALOT FASTER FOR DAM SURE! a grinder will take forever to cut! and the recip saw well it can be tuff to control for clean straight cuts and imposible to get curved cuts.
plasma cutter defiantly well worth the investment!!!!! slice thru the frame like butter! and if ya got a steady hand.... you can get creative. and as you can see my hands are not steady at all.LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

and thats my first cut EVER! LOL if ya get one just find some scrap metal to play with alittle and watch a few youtube videos.