relocating pcm....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im gettin ready to bag my 96 ecsb and ive been looking at pix on ssm tryin to fecide what to do with the clutter on the driver fenderwell....ive seen sum move it over towards the engine just infront of the brake booster and i seen sum that dont look like theyve been moved at all, i will eventually have 22's on it so thats what its gettin setup for....whatd to best thing to do here? Any infi or ideas?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess (which might not be helpfull since I don't have a lowered truck) would be move it to infront of the master cylinder

Reaction score
Im going to move all mine to behind the dash.. I would think using some rubber grommets you could run the wiper plug and the few other plugs thru the fire wall since they are for engine bay items.. And just keep the fuse box and computer completely inside the truck. Then ya just have the antilock brake crap to deal with..lol

ky_randy

Reaction score
When I removed the inner fenders I moved the computer inside the cab under the dash. I basicaly drilled a hole jsut below where the main harness goes through the firewall and used the main harness whole to pass the computer connectors throug. Then put a rubber grammet around the harness and bolted everything back up. There is plenty of room under the dash for the computer to be out of your way.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not to sure bout runnin the pcm into the cab, im gonna make a bracket to mount it and the abs box infront of the brake booster....thanx for the info....

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have my pcm relocated to the back side of the driver's side core support. I love it, it's nearly totally hidden.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No pic's right now, the truck is not really accessible right now, but when I can I will try to get a pic.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have pics but i made a simple bracket bolted to the core support and onto the pcm. the pcm is sideways next to the core support. ill try to post a pic tomorrow