rear lights harness info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
while cleaning up my frame and doing some painting (on the back half), i noticed that my wire harness for the tail lights had some dry-rot cracked looking stuff going on. the damaged area is between the notch and the end of the pigtail. not from the section that splits up and goes to the L/R tail lights and tag light. I've looked online for a replacement pig tail but never found anything... if i go to a junkyard i'll probably run into the same thing in my area seeing how old the OBS's are.

does anyone know of any after market pigtails that are compatible or other GM vehicles that have similar plug-ins? if push comes to shove i guess i'll have to buy some aftermarket ones... wanted to keep her as GM as possible tho.

ideas?

Steve83

Reaction score
Either tape up the bad spots with wiring harness tape (very different from common PVC electrical tape), or use liquid electric tape (basically rubber cement), or cut out the bad spots & splice in new wire. If you need pigtail connectors, try the dealer or any parts store. You might be surprised. Amazon, RockAuto, & GMPartsGiant.com probably have them, too.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Either tape up the bad spots with wiring harness tape (very different from common PVC electrical tape), or use liquid electric tape (basically rubber cement), or cut out the bad spots & splice in new wire. If you need pigtail connectors, try the dealer or any parts store. You might be surprised. Amazon, RockAuto, & GMPartsGiant.com probably have them, too.

thanks i'll look into the liquid electrical tape if i can't get a new pigtail. my local autozone and advance auto both say dealer item :/

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC sells that, not sure if its long enough for what you need

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i looked on LMC, perhaps i searched under the wrong terms... i'll go back and look again. thanks.

Its with the tail lights shows the pigtail in the pic not sure how much you need

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2