Rear Hatch Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

On my '95 Tahoe, the rear glass hatch release quit working when using the dash switch and the remote. A key in the tail gate lock is the only way to access the rear interior now.

Do y'all have any ideas? Is there a common fail?

Thanks,
joe

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the switch and the remote both quit working, at the same time, it might be as simple as a fuse.

Thanks man, I love simple. I can't swear it was at the same time but it seems likely, doesn't it?

Cross your fingers.

joe

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s fed from the cigarette lighter fuse (#13) which causes all sorts of accessory issues if it blows. I think the power locks are on the same circuit (or maybe the keyless entry, I forget).

Here’s the GM diagnostics for an inoperative dash switch on a 98. Might be the same for 95, but maybe it will help. Any issues with it not starting in park or neutral?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s fed from the cigarette lighter fuse (#13) which causes all sorts of accessory issues if it blows. I think the power locks are on the same circuit (or maybe the keyless entry, I forget).

Here’s the GM diagnostics for an inoperative dash switch on a 98. Might be the same for 95, but maybe it will help. Any issues with it not starting in park or neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It starts fine in Park, I haven't tried a Neutral start in years. I think you hit it though.

This past Tue or Wed I tried to charge something in the lighter. At first I thought the gadget lit up but then it didn't. I was in a hurry so I used one of the power ports, and forgot all about it 'til I just read your post.

Thanks.

joe