Rear end fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the process of wanting to change the rearend fluid and have no idea what to put in there. I also wanted to paint the rear end cover. Do i have to use any special paint for it. If it matters i have the 14b sf axle with posi trac i believe

Sent from my camo'ed GS3

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
80-90 gear lube. If you want to run synthetic you will need to make sure that you have a gasket on the rear cover, not just rtv.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i run 80-90w with friction modifier in all my rear ends ls or not.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uh I don't think you need additive if you mean you have a G80. Additive is only for LS and additive in a rear end that doesn't need it is asking for trouble for sure.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
80-90 gear lube. If you want to run synthetic you will need to make sure that you have a gasket on the rear cover, not just rtv.

all you need is permatex right stuff, its ready to fill in 1 minute and never need a gasket and is fairly easy to remove if need be, it is a rubber sealant instead of silicone, just awesome stuff