rear bump when changing into gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive seen alot of trucks with 2 links that bump up and down in the rear when u put it into gear...im gonna be bagging my truck soon and will be running a 2 link with a trac bar (i know the cons of the 2 link) and dont want this happening, i had a bagged dually that had a 2 link with a panhard bar and it did this and it drove me crazy, it didnt do it that bad but it did it...how can i prevent this? is it just a matter of bag placement? or choice of shocks?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Sounds kind of weird. I have never had that problem on mine when I put it in gear or normal driving. Now if I do I burnout I get wheel hop like crazy. I am running the Ekstensive 2 link with a panhard aka tracbar.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would think with a bag like a Slam RE7 and some good shock's that would not be an issue even with a 2 link.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im gonna run dominators on the rear and stones up front....i have a line on a set of toxic drop shocks...how do they work on a bagged truck?on my nissan i used oe replacements and it rode smooth...but it had a tri 4 link...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slam's in the rear would really help stiffen the back, and I like something like a Monroe sensatrac on a bagged truck, not super stiff like a lot of regular lowered shock's are, but I have also never had a 2 link either, maybe one of the 2 link guy's will chime in.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
im gonna run dominators on the rear and stones up front....i have a line on a set of toxic drop shocks...how do they work on a bagged truck?on my nissan i used oe replacements and it rode smooth...but it had a tri 4 link...

I had Dominators all the way around on mine then swapped my fronts out for slams and it was night and day difference. My front rides as good without shocks and slams as it did with shocks and Dominators. I have never heard anything good about Toxic shocks either. I have Dominator 2600s and shocks for a stock 98+ 2wd s10 on mine and it rides pretty good. I know its going to ride better with slams and some better shocks.

I like the Summit Racing sport shocks they are cheap and I like the ride they give.