Rear brakes squealing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My rear brakes have this low squeal or whine when I almost come to a stop. It all started after I lowered it. I've checked all bends for any hard bends and I also have steal braided lines. The emergency brakes work fine. It feels like there is not enough pressure in the lines. If I adjust it, or rough up the shoes and drums, or bleed them they are perfect for a day or so then the noise comes back. Is there any way to test the wheel cylinders?? And there is not a leak nor is it low on fluid. What do I do? Any help is greatly appreciated

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might have warped drums. Or they are too thin. I've seen trucks with bungee cords wrapped around them to make the vibrations stop on a few.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My guess would be you have grooves (how ever small they may be) that go around the drum radially. That's probably what's causing your noise. When drums are cut you put a band around them to soak that up (hence the bungee cord) then they should be finished off by using emery cloth to make the direction of the grooves go in a way other than radially.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced Everything on rear brakes, adjusted several times, bled several times. Still has a squeeling, sounds like a whale. I can adjust and all is fine for about a day.
I'm wondering if a NBS m aster cylinder will remedy this? Any suggestions?