Rear bench seat lever wont release?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So other day I was messing around with the rear seat and got it down but can't get it back up. I tried multiple times to pull on the lever and even took the cover off to try and pull on the individual cables. I got nothing. I need help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Does the lever itself move but the seat won't work? If so, the cables get out of adjustment. Can be a PITA to get to it but behind those plastic covers at the hinge you'll see a small double-nut arrangement on the end of the cable. The second nut is just to lock down the adjustment on the first one. Loosen 'em up and run 'em in some more until the slack is out of the cable and it works again, then lock down the nuts.

Richard

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the lever itself move but the seat won't work? If so, the cables get out of adjustment. Can be a PITA to get to it but behind those plastic covers at the hinge you'll see a small double-nut arrangement on the end of the cable. The second nut is just to lock down the adjustment on the first one. Loosen 'em up and run 'em in some more until the slack is out of the cable and it works again, then lock down the nuts.

Richard
The lever is actually broke so I was using pliers' but the cables have a good bit of tension on them and what screws,are you talking about behind the covets? Picture if you have it?

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Does it fold down so the seat is like it's supposed to be but the back won't come up? Then try pushing down on the back while pulling the lever, it's how mine works. (Pull lever and hold, push down the back part, then lift the back part and release lever)