Random plug in engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Barry

Reaction score
I have the same unattached plug in my '93 2wd. In 20 years, no mechanic has made mention of it. I noticed it last year when I started working on my own vehicle (now retired). I could not see a connecting piece.

RollinTurd

Reaction score
Hate to dig up an old thread, but I have the same thing. 88 C1500 2wd with the 5.7. Only have the one O2 sensor as stated above and it's plugged in. No CEL light either.

Anyone figure out if it's meant to have something connected to it?

Attachments

• DA381806-B41A-4D94-8EC0-FBDE6A4BB36E.jpeg
    DA381806-B41A-4D94-8EC0-FBDE6A4BB36E.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 19

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to dig up an old thread, but I have the same thing. 88 C1500 2wd with the 5.7. Only have the one O2 sensor as stated above and it's plugged in. No CEL light either.

Anyone figure out if it's meant to have something connected to it?
One-wire Weatherpack? Any chance the wire is brown w/ white tracer? The other half is maybe buried under the little plastic panel on the firewall.

You're gonna love the way your truck runs when you plug that back in, disconnect the battery for fifteen seconds to clear the codes, and you aren't driving in "limp home" mode any more.