Radiator thread size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow Steve

Reaction score
Does anyone know the thread size of the fitting below the filler neck.. not the two transmission lines. but the other? I'm doing a LS swap and want to use that port to run the steam port into it there like the stock Tahoe rad. TIA!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Slow Steve

Reaction score
That high up?
The stock Tahoe rad uses that same spot for the steam port vent. I'm using it on another 5.3 swap without issues. I just didn't know the size on this new rad (different mfg).

New Rad 90 Sierra

Stock Tahoe rad

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score

Which fitting? The top right is the overflow and heater core return which doesnt have a threaded fitting. Bottom left is the drain where that plug should have come from.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Your too fast, thats the heater core return. With an LS swap you'll have that in the block. You could use that for a steam return port just like the factory 5.3 radiator

Slow Steve

Reaction score
Your too fast, thats the heater core return. With an LS swap you'll have that in the block. You could use that for a steam return port just like the factory 5.3 radiator
Yes sir, I found the thread size. M12x1.25. Ordered a barbed fitting for the steam port. This way it's just like stock and I don't have to cut the upper hose or drill and tap the water pump. Thanks!