Question about my rotors and rear axle shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andremora71

Reaction score
The 4x4 rear axle will be wider... What Astro knuckle? There is the AWD knuckle that is setup for better brakes, but I think the 2wd is B-body or S-10.
Yeah I dont mind the extra width . Yeah ! If you look at my top post you'll see what I'm doing. I got my steering knuckles off a 2005 2 wheel drive astro work van . I guess all late model Astros are 6 lug , they came with gmt 800 front brakes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah I dont mind the extra width . Yeah ! If you look at my top post you'll see what I'm doing. I got my steering knuckles off a 2005 2 wheel drive astro work van . I guess all late model Astros are 6 lug , they came with gmt 800 front brakes.

I didn't know the 2wd Astro got upgraded too.... but it doesn't sound cheap if they've got to be machined.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd slap some good quality spacers on the front when you're done to get the track width to match. The Astro **** I thought was all bolt on and go, not sure why machine work is required?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'd slap some good quality spacers on the front when you're done to get the track width to match. The Astro **** I thought was all bolt on and go, not sure why machine work is required?

AWD/4x4 is probably bolt on and go since the AWD Astro has a GMT-400 front end. 2wd probably stayed b-body/S10 so the new knuckle needs to be modified... just a guess.