Question about fuel pumps....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackLion

Reaction score
What is the difference between a 31 gallon tank fuel pump and a 40 gallon tank fuel pump..... besides 30.00.

Thank you every
one.

James

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A year, model and fuel type would be helpful to know....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What is the difference between a 31 gallon tank fuel pump and a 40 gallon tank fuel pump..... besides 30.00.

Thank you every
one.

James

40 gallon is Suburban? What uses a 31 gallon tank? Get the pump for your vehicle, don't try to guess what will work based on price. There are different pressures, some have an extra sensor, and I don't know what else can be different. The original pumps have codes on them such as "GFT" and aftermarket pump listings will make reference to those codes.

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring and fuel line connectors, and depth are the difference. Same pressure between 96-99.
I have a 97 tank with fuel pump in it and it goes for free if anyone wants it. It was working when removed. It's been under cover. Located in Charlotte, NC. area.
I also have the rock guard for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BlackLion

Reaction score
The wiring and fuel line connectors, and depth are the difference. Same pressure between 96-99.
I have a 97 tank with fuel pump in it and it goes for free if anyone wants it. It was working when removed. It's been under cover. Located in Charlotte, NC. area.
I also have the rock guard for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the responses and information. I clicked on RockAuto, found the exact same pump assembly that was 95.xx for 68.xx!

James