putting it back together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TICK

Reaction score
finally find the time to reassemble my nv4500 tranny. rebuild kit, plus 3rd gear, pilot shaft, counter shaft. this in my 98 k2500. the other day, im driving my 89 z71 to a funaral, started making bumping, when i step on gas, stops when i coast. now what. now im driveing my 3rd pickup.
You must be registered for see images attach

S30love

Reaction score
Pretty slick 3rd. I have a line on a 93 ecsb with a bad motor and an nv4500. Still debating on if I need it or not. And ujoint maybe?

TICK

Reaction score
that is a massive tranny, 200 lbs. huge main and counter shafts. but ya gotta use the right oil, or youll kill the syncros. grinding like crazy going into 3rd. need to get it back together. the 59 is strictly a fair weather ride, no heat, wipers, gauges, lights, but it does have signals and brake lights.

S30love

Reaction score
that is a massive tranny, 200 lbs. huge main and counter shafts. but ya gotta use the right oil, or youll kill the syncros. grinding like crazy going into 3rd. need to get it back together. the 59 is strictly a fair weather ride, no heat, wipers, gauges, lights, but it does have signals and brake lights.
But I'm talking the whole 93 truck with a bad motor. I don't need another project but it's calling out to me..... I have a fair weather ride...63 ragtop Baja with a turbo lol. Not controllable in the wet cold weather.

TICK

Reaction score
thats how i feel about the 98 k2500 im building the tranny for. to me a perfect truck. reg. cab, 8 ft bed, 5 spd, and i even like the color
You must be registered for see images attach