proving grounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so my father in law asked me to go out to the property tonight..... an excuse to go play in the truck? Im all over it. Whoops!!!!!!! I was the only truck out there and the only one I can think of in the area that is capable of going even part of the way back there. The mud was much deeper and stickier than yesterday. I didnt think I was getting out. Its a big ass field, so the winch is useless. Snap straps are great if there is something on the other end, and its not like a back road and I could plant one set of tires on something firm. She got all the way to the back and back out on her own, but only with some fancy foot work and planning ahead.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a guy who started wheeling in muddy farmers fields, I know your pain. A winch and straps dont help at all when theres nothing to winch for 2 kilometres.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no clue how muddy it really is. It was pretty dark by the time I got out of the field.... which would have made getting stuck even more fun

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not as muddy as yesterday. I hosed it off today so it had a fresh start and I didnt play anywhere near as hard as I did yesterday.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went back out.... kind of a torture test for my wax job. The wax worked pretty well. The windshield wipers cleared the mud off without even needing the washer fluid. Most of the mud slid off my paint too. Pics anyway:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
went back out.... kind of a torture test for my wax job. The wax worked pretty well. The windshield wipers cleared the mud off without even needing the washer fluid. Most of the mud slid off my paint too. Pics anyway:

Nothing like a good wax job before going mudding, a hose should take all of that off, and even if not, a little elbow grease will.