Protesting has gotten out of hand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too the savvy, this “science” is a cash cow!
You must be registered for see images attach

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then what's the point? I'm all for protest, but when the narrative is about the people protesting rather than the situation being protested, it's no longer effective.
I'm not going to get sucked into this debate as it invariably ends (or rather never ends) in acrimony.
But, something I saw during one of the Just Stop Oil protests that disrupted traffic on the M25 motorway.
A Glaswegian woman was somewhat annoyed that her travel plan had been disrupted and while she ''totally understood why the protesters were doing it'' (her words) it was unacceptable to her that she missed her flight to Glasgow and that now she would have to drive there. (The distance between London and Glasgow is less than 400 miles).
For as long as there are people who can't see why a distance of less than 400 miles should be travelled overland and not by air - there's going to be more protests.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worldwide they are caving to these people. Just this week, U.S. is signing on to pay Global Reparations to “under developed” countries, while China emits 2/3 more green house gases than U.S. and Europe combined. But guess who’s not paying reparations? Guaranteed to line the correct pockets, I’m certain.
A small point (two actually).
No agreement as to who pays and who receives was reached. That's to be debated over the next two years.
Yours (USA) and mine (UK) CO2 emissions would be larger and China's smaller if we both manufactured our own stuff instead of having China do it. We have off-shored our emissions to China.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours (USA) and mine (UK) CO2 emissions would be larger and China's smaller if we both manufactured our own stuff instead of having China do it. We have off-shored our emissions to China.
Which completely exposes the hypocrisy of the whole Green agenda.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
A Glaswegian woman was somewhat annoyed that her travel plan had been disrupted and while she ''totally understood why the protesters were doing it'' (her words) it was unacceptable to her that she missed her flight to Glasgow and that now she would have to drive there. (The distance between London and Glasgow is less than 400 miles).
For as long as there are people who can't see why a distance of less than 400 miles should be travelled overland and not by air - there's going to be more protests.

Time...time is a valuable commodity in my life. If I can afford a plane ticket and it saves me 8 hours roundtrip in time, that's awesome. Right now that roundtrip would cost me close to $220 driving my Suburban, and it might only be a $150 plane ticket on a discount line like SouthWest or Allegiant. Even if it WAS $250-$300...I'm still getting 8 more hours of my time not spent on the highway or on a train/bus.

And who decides what is the appropriate distance to travel overland(car, train, bus) rather than by airplane?

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
AAANNNNDDD...for further clarification. My trip on the airplane, doesn't stop the 14billion factories in China(and many other countries) puking out toxic fumes and leaching industrial runoff into the soil...I'm sure my carbon footprint remains smaller than that!

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time...time is a valuable commodity in my life. If I can afford a plane ticket and it saves me 8 hours roundtrip in time, that's awesome. Right now that roundtrip would cost me close to $220 driving my Suburban, and it might only be a $150 plane ticket on a discount line like SouthWest or Allegiant. Even if it WAS $250-$300...I'm still getting 8 more hours of my time not spent on the highway or on a train/bus.

And who decides what is the appropriate distance to travel overland(car, train, bus) rather than by airplane?
London to Glasgow is less than 1 hour in the air. More time is spent boarding than flying. By the time you've got to the airport, boarded, flown, got from G airport to destination - driving straight from London barely takes any longer. And you have a car to use when you get there.