ProSho Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Well, Monday I wired up my Mirrors as turn signals and Running lights. New problem: Now they only flash when the park lights are on, not just with the turn signal. Only thing that has changed in the wiring is the ground, it moved. I might try running a wire from the mirror to the old ground to see if that clears it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

After I get the wiring fixed and everything working how it should, a write up will follow with video.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well, Monday I wired up my Mirrors as turn signals and Running lights. New problem: Now they only flash when the park lights are on, not just with the turn signal. Only thing that has changed in the wiring is the ground, it moved. I might try running a wire from the mirror to the old ground to see if that clears it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

After I get the wiring fixed and everything working how it should, a write up will follow with video.

OT: Where did you get your side steps? I want those that run the length of the cab but with only one step...

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Did you see my signal/light wiring for the mirrors? To properly get them as signal and parking light you need 4 diodes and the 12V from parking lights and 12V from signal. There should be no ground for the lights at all.

I was trying to do like that one dude at the end of that thread, he said they work just fine if you wire them to the 194....guess not. lol.

OT: Where did you get your side steps? I want those that run the length of the cab but with only one step...

They actually came with the truck. They are Westin Platinum Series bars.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well, i didn't want to wire them up without being sure they were protected. I haven't tried the way the other guy did it mainly because if the LED wasn't built with a diode to protect this, it would have destroyed it. Many LED lights aren't designed to have their polarity reversed like an incandescent bulb can handle. The stock front corner light operates in this way, cancelling the signal when both sides get power. The diodes mimick this effect with an LED.

If they only flash when your parking lights are on, it sounds to me like they have a diode to protect them from reverse polarity, but not the set of diodes to make them polarity insensitive. If you swap the wires I bet it would only work with the signals and parking lights off.

IOWAZ71

Reaction score
Where did you get your mirrors at and what year/model of truck are they off or are they just aftermarket?