ProRYDE Leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Proryde leveling kits? Would add the keys in the front mess with the front suspension at all?

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course. Dick with the keys, dick with the ride-height.
Ha! Well said. The consensus is pretty much you can crank the front stock keys, get it aligned, and deal with worse ride quality. Or you can buy aftermarket keys that allow you to crank it wayyy beyond what it was ever supposed to be (aftermarket keys are just indexed slightly higher than stock ones), absolutely destroy the ride quality, taking out cv's and tie rods in the process, regret it, and then buy a suspension lift.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Ha! Well said. The consensus is pretty much you can crank the front stock keys, get it aligned, and deal with worse ride quality. Or you can buy aftermarket keys that allow you to crank it wayyy beyond what it was ever supposed to be (aftermarket keys are just indexed slightly higher than stock ones), absolutely destroy the ride quality, taking out cv's and tie rods in the process, regret it, and then buy a suspension lift.
So would a basic suspension lift be a better way to go?

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So would a basic suspension lift be a better way to go?
Really depends on what you're after. IMO, yes a lift is superior, but if you're sticking with stock tires, you may just want to crank your stock keys up a little and get it aligned right away afterwards. It'll give you a better leveled look without costing you much at all. or if you're trying to fit some bigger tires without trimming or lifting too much, then cranking stock keys also is a good idea.

if you're looking for extra height on your ride, a lift is the "best" way to go, although slightly less economic. A body lift is also an option that doesn't cost much, and is probably easier to do yourself than a full suspension lift, but there's no actual advantage (plus they don't look great with the drop-frame on these trucks... especially without nerf bars/running boards.
How much lift you looking for?
I suppose that is the question... what are you trying to achieve? Ground clearance? leveling? fit bigger tires?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s probably this kit. You looking to crank it up the full 3”?
This is a good read:

Last edited:

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Really depends on what you're after. IMO, yes a lift is superior, but if you're sticking with stock tires, you may just want to crank your stock keys up a little and get it aligned right away afterwards. It'll give you a better leveled look without costing you much at all. or if you're trying to fit some bigger tires without trimming or lifting too much, then cranking stock keys also is a good idea.

if you're looking for extra height on your ride, a lift is the "best" way to go, although slightly less economic. A body lift is also an option that doesn't cost much, and is probably easier to do yourself than a full suspension lift, but there's no actual advantage (plus they don't look great with the drop-frame on these trucks... especially without nerf bars/running boards.

I suppose that is the question... what are you trying to achieve? Ground clearance? leveling? fit bigger tires?
My goal is to fit either 32s or 33s on with 16x10 wheels with slight offset. I don’t want to trim at all unless absolutely need too. Im fine with a small suspension lift or body lift im just looking for the best route to take.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these trucks came with 265/75/16’s which is just a bit under 32”. Pretty sure guys are running 33” (torsion bars cranked up)with no trimming. Taller, wider heavier tires w/cranked bars will still add strain on front end parts. IMO

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i tried to run 33s on a 1/2, could never make it work. I ran 32x11.5s on 8" rally's fit perfect and looked awesome. But a 33 on same wheel didn't work, rubbed hard. Now on an 8 lug truck, I ran a fat 33 on 8" wheels and barely rubbed. I ran 285s both 16 and 17" and never had an issue. A leveling kit is a glorified crank, just lets you crank more than the stock key will allow. A couple turns will raise it, and not really affect the ride.