Project Stock Floor Jankarādo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've commented on a few posts, but this is the start of my own project. About a year ago I decided to have my 2011 Crew Cab Chevy bagged. It was projected to take a month (ended up taking almost 5) so I decided to buy an old beater to drive in the meantime. After searching and searching, I finally came across a 98 rcsb that was in rough shape, but I talked the guy down from $1800 to $1000, so I have to do it. Cosmetically, definitely needed some work inside and out. While it was my daily, I naturally started throwing money in it. It had a flip kit, 1" blocks, and monster notch, but was factory suspension up front. First I replaced the windshield and put 3" drop springs up front. It was still far from level. I then tinted 5% and 20% on the front windshield and put a painted hood from a nice craigslist find on her. Next was some experimentation with wheels. I picked up a set of 24/26's for $350 but they were simply too much. I decided to go back to stocks and added 2" drop spindles, new brakes, wheel bearings, pittman arm, idler arm, ball joints, stabilizer end links, tie rod ends, and steering gear. After an alignment, she was looking better, driving a ton better, and sparking a new interest. I soon got my 2011 back and discovered that I loved the bagged life. Only one problem, I wasn't fully satisfied. I need to build one myself. I will be doing a stock floor body drop on the truck. I haven't fully decided on what kind of setup I am going to do, but leaning towards parallel or triangular 4 link and bag over axle using the firestone sleeves. I purchased a bed and have started shaving everything on it and raising the bed floor with guidance from fellow GMT400 friends on here. This may be slow moving, but I will not let this thread die till it is complete! Here are some pics for you guys!

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
More pics

Reaction score
Raising the bed floor (current)

Reaction score
Shaving bed pockets and tailgate. First time doing any of this.

Reaction score
Keep up the good work, nothing like building one yourself, even thought you 11 looks sick.
I love my 11, but I need the satisfaction of creating one from scratch, haha. I probably drive the Jankarado (the 98) more than the 11. I have a 5.3L sitting in my garage on a stand ready for a cam swap for the 98. When she's torn apart to sfbd I will swap that over. Still have to gather parts for the swap. The motor came from an 05 Sierra and it was... wait for it.... FREE! Extended warranty paid to replace the motor due to leaking castec heads. Guess who has a set a of heads for it already. This guy. Going to clean her up really good, swap cam, replace oil pump and timing chain, then slap her in there. I don't want to hesitate driving this thing across country for a show.:driver::head3:

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
nice looking trucks man! Your 98 looks alot like my poor old 91,just alot less rust lol those 24/26s that were on it look nasty,you don't happen to know what brand and model they are,do ya?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Just wondering if that tint is legal in your state? I would get pulled over within 5 minutes if I had tint that extreme here.

Awsome looking trucks!