Project.Blackstar's Truck, 98' Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Lol that's awesome. I have a 2wd NBS myself and thought about doing something similar, lifting and bigger tires. But I'm gonna save the money and get a 4x4 obs instead. Can't wait to see it higher, subbing to the thread for updates!

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Nice! And thanks! Will be posting updates for sure when I get everything installed..

I will need to get some new shocks with the lift, but I havnt a clue on what size I will need.. Going to have a 4" Spindle, 3" Coil, & new upper control arms on the front and 4" blocks on the rear.. Canuck has a kit that comes with new front and rear shocks, but ive heard they arnt that great and want to get some better ones. They dont tell you what size shocks the kit comes with though.. Any idea on what I will need? Thinking of going with ProComp ES9000 series shocks..

Last edited:

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you'll need, I've only picked up a few things since I joined the site. I've heard really good things about Rancho shocks but I'm not sure how they compare to the ProComp

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you'll need, I've only picked up a few things since I joined the site. I've heard really good things about Rancho shocks but I'm not sure how they compare to the ProComp

ahh okay, yeah ive heard Rancho Shocks are pretty good too!

Reaction score
Few more pics for you guys, took them off my instagram. If you guys have Insta, give me a follow! @project.blackstar

You must be registered for see images attach

and one last one, when my truck is clean.. which is almost never lately haha

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man quick question for you I have those same led bumper lights. And for some reason when they are or for instance night time driving they won't blink. Did you have this problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man quick question for you I have those same led bumper lights. And for some reason when they are or for instance night time driving they won't blink. Did you have this problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're talking about the led blinkers/running lights? I don't have any, but I think you need a special relay for LED blinkers.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The running lights yes. I have an LED relay but for some reason they don't blink during night time driving. Maybe I need to switch my corner lights to LED as well.