Project 2000 Z71 Tahoe to LQ9 Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for the props! I'm in love with the color too.

I read that, but I decided from a time standpoint not to mess with the factory harness or modifying the LQ9 harness that the motor came with. Time = money. I have my hands quite full with work and a couple other ongoing builds, so my aim is for this one to be as headache free as possible and back on the road with minimal downtime. But do enlighten me about modifying the stock harness and adding wires for the coil packs and other sensors. I've heard guys say several times not to bother with modifying the stock harness, that it's easier and cleaner to use a stand alone? Plus my motor is DBW so I'd have to add the tac module wiring in addition to everything else.
You don't ad wires to the 400 harness. You use the stock ls harness and splice in a few wires from the 400 harness and trash the rest.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't ad wires to the 400 harness. You use the stock ls harness and splice in a few wires from the 400 harness and trash the rest.
I read you just convert the 400 harness to 411 pcm, add injector plugs an coil pack wiring an move some other plugs around.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I read you just convert the 400 harness to 411 pcm, add injector plugs an coil pack wiring an move some other plugs around.
Ohhhh icic I've never heard to do it like that.