Problem after problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onelozu

Reaction score
Okay so early this morning,I get off work and head across town for gas,no problem,head back home back across town,no problem,get in this morning and try to start it,no start,so I give it a little gas to see if itll start, and it tries to,it'll pop and backfire but won't run,so I saturated my air filter in gas,and it was enough to crank it but I had to keep the Rpms between 2 and 3k to stay running,and it was running rough,held it there a little while and it would stay without holding the gas so I put it in reverse to parki it under my carport and bam,it dies out. I've been having problems with it running rough at all Rpms less that 2500 but runs flawless if your on the gas,I asked here and was told it was timing but never got around to messing with it as I work all night and sleep all day. I'm pulling a code for the maf sensor(ordered a new one last night from rockauto),an o2 sensor,and random cylinder misfire and multiple cylinder misfire. I know no one can exactly tell me what's wrong with it without looking at the truck personally but I'm hearing it may be the spyder injectors,does that sound like the problem?? The truck is a 96 Sierra,2wd 350 auto

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
If it were Spider it'd be a specific bank/cylinder that'd be lean or saturated.

I had multiple cylinder misfire issues and it was the distributor drive gear/cracked dizzy housing.

The other thing it may be is the fuel pump. When mine went-out it'd have long cranking (gas peddle helped) and it was a dog above 65. One day it didn't have enough oomph to fuel the truck so I replaced it. The trippy part was (when we tested the original one) that it spit fuel just fine, just not enough.

onelozu

Reaction score
One of my podnas has a Tahoe that would give him similar problems,he said he tried a couple different sets of plugs, wires,a couple dist caps,3 fuel pumps and then sent it to the shop and get the injectors changed,they told him trash would break up and clog the screens on the injectors,but if youd give it gas it would pressure up and blow the trash out,is that a possibility? I think my truck sat up but I'm not sure how long,but it has new plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil,and fuel pump

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Do a fuel pressure check. I betting it is the fuel spider. If they are bad enough they will throw some funkie codes. Another tought check the cap and rotor, plug wires, and plugs.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
instead of ordering a new maf sensor just clean it first to see if that solves the problem and clean the iac valce while your at it. could be the injectors or the distributor cap.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Well the TPS doesn't normally cause a very bad idle, so I doubt that is it. The MAF will cause it though. Have you checked/cleaned the IAC? The dist cap can also cause it as well as the coil. Check the fuel pressure before you do anything.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just like BURBAN GUY said check fuel presure first. I just did a fuel pump on a 99 silverado with the same symptoms

onelozu

Reaction score
How do I do a fuel pressure test?? And I already ordered the maf,and how much fuel psi should I have and where?? Also the cap rotor plugs and wires are less than a month old