pre-bent brake line ... can't find it from the usual sources

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that if I want to rebuild a truck I'm golden, as full kits are generally available. But just getting an old warrior back on the road? Not so much.

Am I going to have to bend my own line? My track record is poor for that. I'll need to whine about it first.

'93 6.5L turbo C2500, 2WD, Regular cab, Regular (8') bed

axle-to-drum hard line, passenger

The two sharp bends where it rises up from the axle to the back plate of the drum are like 90-degree bends! And they're close together. I'll need to whine about it some more.

And of course the OEM line has spiral rock protection on it; I guess we won't be driving over gravel anymore?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'd get the copper alloy brake line. It's easier to bend, and won't rust. I'm not sure what to do about the spiral guard. I wonder if you could slide it off the old line?

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be able to cut the line and slide some portions off, although it sorts begs the question of why bother if not all of it could be covered.

I'll see about copper/nickel line.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Google "fine lines Wadsworth, Ohio" or www.sstube.com

I just ran into the same lack of availability with the rear fuel line for 97 RCLB.

You might have to buy a whole set, but there prices aren't bad when you compare to available single lines.

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing for the truck in question there, but thanks for the additional potential source!

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Try inline tubes. Just picked up a set of rear lines and they even had the spiral safety wire coil over.

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try inline tubes. Just picked up a set of rear lines and they even had the spiral safety wire coil over.

I think I saw theirs but something was different, like the year ... what I ran into was that a place like that would have something close but with zero explanation of why or why not the part might be different.

I got it done yesterday with a piece of 10mm line I bent into shape. The OEM line took a 14mm wrench but other than that, what the auto parts store had (10mm) was obviously OK for thread size etc. It’s not going to win any concours awards but it’ll stop the truck.

My Craftsman tube bender works great but can’t make the 90-degree bends as tightly as OEM, so I had to remove the wheel cylinder, get the line started and reinstall because of how little space there is back there. Not fun.