Power Windows Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 95 chevy stepside wiith power locks but no power windows. I just purchased a 95 suburban for parts and it has doors with pwr windows and locks. Ive heard that since i have the wiring harness for pwr locks on the stepside that i should have the harness for pwr windows already installed. Is this true? Man i hope so, saves me the trouble of pulling the dash just to install the wiring harness. Would it be as simple as just swapping doors and pretty much plug and play?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Generally speaking harnesses carry a part number that can be very Vin# specific. The chances the fuse block is set up to accept the additional circuits and there are plugs dangling there for you to plug into is pretty slim. There might be pigtails there but no wiring for the door locks present in the pigtail. Got'a look.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I swapped both power lock and window into my 88. was a matter of adding the harness and plugging it into the convenience center. I did have the run the wires from the cad into the doors though.

not exactly the same as what you are doing but a little insight.