Power window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my driver side window in my '93 for a few weeks now. It will roll about half way up or down and then just die. I either have to pick it up or shove it down the rest of the way every time. It started doing it when it got real hot here(100+). Seems to do a bit better at night, but still craps out before it reaches the top.

It's a relatively new motor(about 5 years old now), and I just replaced all the switches. The passenger side has a month or two old motor and it gets lazy about half way up, but will power through and close. I'm thinking maybe the regulators are wearing out? I figure for the price I'll just get the motor/regulator already together for the driver side and just the regulator for the passenger side since that motor is new.

Any other ideas?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Get some silicone lube and spray down the rubber tracks on the sides of the window openings while it is down, then run it up and down a few times. Hot weather can cause seals to expand, and when they are old and dry it can create a lot of drag on the glass which overwork the window motors.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had thought about lubing them, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I'll have to try and remember to listen for the motor the next time I'm in it.