power seat switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am lookg for a power seat switch, for my 95 chevy. my interior is blue but thats not a big deal i can always paint it to match.

To get the seat where i have it at now i had to unplug the switch and hook it up to battey power to get it to move. now anytime my wife drives it she has to stretch to reach the pedals and that does not make her happy.

So if anyone has one laying around or finds one at a junkyard near them, id be willing to pay around 20 to 30 for one. i have searched our yards and have had no luck.

Also interested in a overhead console.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm going to the wreckers next week to pick up an O/H conso for Darkrider. (Chris) I've found a wrecker about an hour up the valley that has several GMT400's that haven't been canniblized, yet. But they're only open Mon-Fri. Could be why they still have good parts on 'em. The weekend vultures don't get to do their destruction of 20 good parts to get to the one they want.
I know that there is at least 6 O/H consoles there. One for sure has the blank plate, but Chris has spoken for that one already. There maybe one other with the blank plate. The others have the 'Homelink', or rear air controls, & I think one other may have the 'OnStar' stuff.
The cost is $50.00 each, no matter what the 'extras' are in the consoles. But that is just for the console. I'll have to ask if they also include the additional equipment to make the 'extras' work. Some of that stuff I wouldn't even know what to look for.
Send me a P.M. if you're interested.
I'll keep my eyes open for a seat switch, too. Send me a pic. They are a couple of different styles.

Passenger seat electric, too? Try swapping the switches. This will tell you if it's the switch or the harness.
You may be able to fix the switch that you have. Take it apart (not hard to do) clean the contacts, & check for any frayed or broken wires in the seat harness. Sometimes the wiring from the harness can get pinched in the track when moving the seat, if one driver is tall & the other much shorter.

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys. still looking for a switch, i have tried taking it apart and cleaning it, the passenger seat is manual. but i did jump the motor at the harness so i know its the switch itself.

also looking for a steering wheel out of a 94 or older chevy for another truck if anyone has one.