Powder coated stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
What would yall think if I got my stock rims powder coated? I dont want to go after some big rockstar rims or anything else too flashy. I like the classy look of my stock rims, but they are getting boring to look at? I want to paint them black, but dont know what finish? Matte, gloss, or what ever yall think would look good i have a black exterior maybe though of trying to get them to maybe match the paint? Let me know what yall are thinking?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try plasti-dip to get an idea of what they would look like. You can get it at lowes/home depot.

I'm gonna vote no though. Personally I don't like black rims at all.....

shorthorn79

Reaction score
I have thought of that, but I have wonder if it would go on bubbly or uneven. I just want a nice clean shiny rim. I would get a stochrome rim but they are just to hard to find.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would go with a flat black if you want to paint it black. But I prefer chrome or just a machined face.

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly what i'm going to do, get my stock steelies powder coated black. A friend of my dad's did this to some steel rims he put on his Nova. They turned out really good.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black wheels today are the running boards of the 90's. Too much of it going on, but not for me. To each their own. Like the idea of stripping the clear, polishing, then painting the grey insert area whatever color... Body color? Anywho...