Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

my new idea photoshopped on my truck except id be rolling with them down hahah no ghost trailers

chrome_rush

Reaction score
Im new here and have a pic request, I have a 90 sierra 2wd standard cab short box, I threw some 15" black wagon wheels and 31x10.5 bfg all terrains on it when I got it and dont drive it much so they only have 2-3k miles on them. Truck is bright red, and has gloss black factory 4x4 flares (installed by previous owner, but I like them on it) I really want to do the 4" spindle lift on it, but i am a little concerned it might look to tall for a standard cab short box, all I see pictures of here are extended cab trucks, that extra length makes a big difference in how a certain amount of lift will look. Im also a little concerned the 31x1.5's might look a bit to small for the 4" lift. Does anyone have any pics of the lift on a standard cab short box truck? Or a good side shot of any truck with the lift and 31's so I could at least see how the tires look in the fender wells? With the flares the truck just doesnt look quite right at stock height and with all that factory rake to it.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Theres one out there on a maroon truck I think it was on fsc lemme see if I can hunt it down.

chrome_rush

Reaction score
it doesnt look bad, but To me, the tires look just a bit small on it. Im also considering just doing a spacer, Personally 3" of lift would be perfect, I think 4" is more then I want for the truck, but since 3" isnt an option What I might do is a 2" spacer and some 2" wheels spacers on all 4 corners, with the 4x4 flares and the stock suspension the tires just look kind of sunk in. The 31's helped a ton, but not enough, it needs more track width and to at least be leveled out. The truck is as close to showroom new as you could hope to find so I want to get it looking "right" its not a 4x4 and I dont take it off road, maybe some light mud but the paint and body is way to nice to be slinging rocks up at it lol. I just want it to look aggressive/tough but not overdone.

I can get a pic later if anyone cares to see it to get a better idea of what im after, but it is bright red, gloss black fender flares, it is a base truck with the stock gmc w/t grill painted gloss black (I hated the look of it stock but painted it actually looks pretty sharp) LMC clear sidemarkers, corner lights, and headlights, chrome smoothie rear bumper replaced the flat black rear, smoothie front bumper with the round foglights built in. Black wagon wheels and 31's. it has a BAD exhaust manifold leak, but other then that is mechanically perfect. I just want to get the stance right, if you saww it the first thing you would say is why are the wlees tucked in so far, or... why did you lower the front with all terrains? lol

Do those coil spring spacers REALLY give you an extra 2" of lift? I was considering possibly doing 2500 coils up front with a spacer, but im not really sure how much lift you can get out of the 2500 coils, has anyone done this and measured?

edit : here is the truck, the pics honestly do not due it justice, but it gives you an idea. any input to help me decide what will look right as far as lift feel free to chim in, 2500 coils and a spacer, just a spacer, (either way its getting some wheel spacers to get the wheels out of the fenders a bit with theses flares. It really seems to need it to look right.

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I have spacers in my current truck and I hate them. First install is a ***** almost lost a finger one to many times. The ride is to bouncy even with good shocks. The alignment is a ***** and personally its in but border line and it wears tires. Also after two weeks it doesnt even look lifted. I would have rather done a spindle had a factory ride and better alignment. Plus whos to say how long until new england rust corrodes the hell out of the spacer. I cant wait to xhange over to a spibdle lift and some 32s and a six lug and be done with it.

chrome_rush

Reaction score
Hmm, I have never heard anyone say the coil spacers caused a bad ride and or alignment issues. I know there is a set of 2" lift springs available, also I have heard 2500 springs will lift up the 1500 some, but I have never heard how much so hopefully someone can chime in on that. What size spacer did you go with? I have heard if you go past a 2" spacer it can cause alignment issues and bad ride, but thats the only negative I have heard. I dont mind a firmer ride, My daily is a focus st that is getting coilovers in the next few months, even stock the suspension is reasonably stiff. Getting in this truck after driving that car is like driving a bus lol. I wish I had went with 32's to make the spindle lift look better but with the amount I driver this truck these tires will dry rot before I use them up, I have had the truck about 2 years and only put about 3k miles on it. I just think the 31's will look a bit small with the 4" lift, especially with the fender flares which seem to make it harder to fill out the fender wells.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
2500 springs are good for about 3/4 to an inch of height I you run 2500 springs and a spacer your gonna be at close to 3" of lift there isn't enough adjustment on the stock hardware for that you would need control arms. My spavers lifted the front 2.5" and I'm borderline bad alignment. If your set on a 2" use springs because that's what there designed for stock coils weren't made to be compressed permently.

Honestly on yours a 2" would look good but I would personally I would loose the flairs ive never been a fan on any truck. I'm on a 2.5 with 31s on 15x10s there's days I like the look and there's days I think the tired look small.

chrome_rush

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I would have took the flares off when i ripped off the fadded cap that was on it when I bought it, it looked absolutely stupid with the flares and stock 225/75/15's, but they were not installed perfectly strait, and as a result dug into the paint a little in a few spots, it is completely unnoticeable with the flares on, but for that reason they have to stay. If they hadnt been put on the truck I likely would have went down with it instead of up. but they are why I want the 2" wheel spacers on all 4 corners to push the wheels out. Plus to be honest I think the black grille and all the other gloss black touches on it like the vent visors, (which are NEEDED, the truck never came with a/c so driving it in the summer when it rains is impossible without them, its either sweat to death and have the windows fog up, or get soaked lol) I really think the gloss black flares with the gloss black grill, trim and wheels all ties the truck together. it didnt look right before I painted the grill though. I only changed the front bumper becasue it took a light hit and had a baseball sized dent in it, and I liked the idea of some fog lights. I also have a chrome push bar I got off ebay to protect the front end from it taking another hit, and I thought it would make it look a little tougher, but at stock height the think honestly made the truck look a lot lower then it is so I took it off.

as for your truck I really think the issue is that you went with a 2.5" spacer, I dont remember all the places I read it but there were several and the consensus was anything over a 2" spacer would lead to a bad ride and problems getting the alignment right, which sounds like the exact symptoms you have. Or maybe just get the 2" lift coils instead. I have heard they also ride a little on the rough side though. I dont recall are there any pics of yours in this thread anywhere. I did actually read all 37 pages hoping to find the answers I was looking for but didnt. How about a 4" spindle lift combined with a 2" lowering spring lol. On mine from what I read I would need a brake swap though. being a 90 standard cab from what I understand I have the smallest brakes ever put on these trucks and they arent compatible with the spindles.