Please help SFA kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok i finally have everything in place i think, now i just need to know what kit to order, i called ORU and they didn't want to help since i was using a Chevy pass. drop axle... but what i have is a 1996 Silverado 4wd and 1986 CUCV donor truck. i am going to use the passenger drop transfer case, and axles, the dana 60 and full float 14 bolt, lockers and 4.56 gears(so ive been told all CUCV came with). What is the best kit? i see all these choices and have read alot of threads but cant choose, please help, Thanks

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
How have you addressed the VSS issue on your transfer case?

Word, it's is gonna be interesting trying to drive the truck in anything other than 1st or 2nd gear without vss. Also kits are all up to you.

What did you call oru about that they said they couldn't help you? I am confused because there kit just hangs leaf springs and as long as you have the right perchwidth you can run whatever axle you want. I say research more and if you think you can handle the swap then more than likely you can handle the bracket making.

When you say you have everything in place, do you really or are you just thinking you do because there are a lot of unforseens on a sas the first time you do one?

Reaction score
ORD! Cheapest kit out and ORD makes top notch stuff!

The Kit:
http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/88-98SolidAxleConversion.htm
The build thread on the white truck:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985334

Pics of truck and progress as you SAS it.

i saw that, and good prices, but didint know the quality of ord, dirtychick i think i can handle it... but thats why i wanted mainly bolt on, im not good at this stuff, but my dad is good at this stuff(hes going to be helping me alot). i have put on and helped put on a couple ifs kits not really that hard, but this just seems to be hard . and i thought there was a vss adapter to make it work?

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Putting an ifs kit on an ifs truck and putting a SFA under an ifs truck are 2 COMPLETELY different things. Have you worked out steering? What springs you want to run? How much lift you want? What size tires you plan to run? What the tuck will mainly be used for? There are a million questions to be asked to come to a proper setup for a sas. I personally think the biggest obstacle you face right now is the transfer case you are wanting to run. What transfer case is it exactly, they came with either the 208 or the 205?