Pinion angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had the rear end blow up in my Suburban and had to kind of do some quick thinking to get her running again so I could go to work. I managed to find a rear end out of a '95 or '96 Suburban (was after the facelift at the very least) that was recently wreaked (front end) and sitting in a junkyard by me. $180 later and I had my rear end. Got in and all buttoned up and everything went together fine except I swear my pinion angle is different. It may be just my eyes or I am used to working on my Bronco but it just doesn't look right to me. Can someone shed some light on this? Both mine and the donor truck are K1500 and have the heavy duty brakes. I'm really at a loss here.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you cranked down on one U bolt more than the other? Causing it to wrap up?
Miss the alignment pin?

If not someone could have cut and rewelded the perch(s) to compensate for their bad pinion angle

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I used my digital snap on torque wrench on each. Pin is in on each. I'll double check the perch but I doubt it was moved due to it having the sway bar stuff. Lot of careful cutting and welding