Passlock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat58

Reaction score
This is NOT the proper method of disabling the PassLock II system that is on our trucks. The right way does involve the correct resistor, but it goes into the wiring inside the steering column. I can't remember all that is involved, but I did it to mine a few years ago.
Thanks for the heads up. I would always rather avoid mistakes that others have made because I make to many mistakes all on my own :)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I agree, the best way to deal with this is to get it electronically deleted by a computer tuner. That's what I finally had to do on my truck when the work arounds quit working last year. Hated to spend the $250 but have not had any more issues with the system. The Burb is our daily driver in greater Houston that we depend on to get to multiple work locations, the grocery store, side gigs, etc. so when we need to go somewhere, the truck needs to start and run. Y'all know how it is.....